Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 2! I am feeling like a missionary



So this week has been great. I am not really sure where to start and it is likely that I will forget some things. So we set a baptismal date with this kid, Brandon. Then for this whole week he just disappeared. We tried visiting him every day but we were never able to meet with him. It was really frustrating because we wanted to help him be prepared for Baptism. Sunday night our appointments ran late and we were going to go try to see Brandon again but it was about to go home and it was getting dark. We wanted to just head home a few minutes early. So classic Missionary story we were obedient and stayed out like we were supposed to and Brandon was there. He apparently had gotten a job and that is why he was so elusive. We set up a schedule and he should be on track to be baptized.

Also we set a baptismal date with a man, Richard Hillis. His wife is a convert and he is super prepared and excited to be baptized. He asked me if I would baptize him, so I will be doing that this Saturday. I am really excited about that and I am so thankful for all the blessings I am seeing in my life right now. 

I have met a lot of crazy drunk people. They are so funny. Yesterday we met this guy, Freddie, he told us that he was Noah. (Like Noah's Ark). Yeah... He told us that the lord would bless us for preaching the word of God. He told us that he used to own this town, he walked really funny too. He also told us we needed to meet some girls with him, we politely declined and then he started yelling at cars that passed by. He also swore a lot.

I've been doing a lot of service out here. It’s funny a lot of the service I have been doing is stuff that I would complain about if I were home. When I do it here though, it is weirdly fun. I just enjoy working for other people and being charitable. Also I am always so tired, but I can always find the energy I need out here. I am just seeing so many blessings and loving it out here.

Thank you all for your love and support!

From a separate letter:
A couple of things I forgot in my email.  There was an earthquake Sunday morning, it woke me up.  That was freaky.  There was a shooting at a nearby concert; that was also freaky.  We also had a drunk guy ask us if we wanted to fight; we said no.  Anyway, it’s going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment